Tuesday, May 6, 2008

smooth songs for a hangover

Rarely do three sentences sum up an evening.
Here's mine in three sentences.

Q: Can I have a kamakaze please?
A: the shot or the drink?
Q: It comes in a drink?

I guess my admitting I am not the worlds most experienced drinker is not as shocking as the fact that I didnt know kamakazes came in a drink glass. Needless to say I got hip to it. Enough to not want to look at a lime for the next two weeks or so.

I digress. I have a hangover so I can digress. Maybe you have a hangover too. So digress with me.

One of my ALL TIME favorite songs.


Bonita loves this record too.


Eric Gale: Ginseng Woman from a record i dont have but will probably get


Edwin Starr: Easin In: sample from High Rollers. Good choice.


Gil Scott Heron: Angel Dust

Song about sherm. Good thing there are lots of drugs, b/c otherwise GSH would have no lyrical material, now would he.

If you can id what song sampled this please email me b/c i cant remember. And i know it was sampled.
Gil Scott Heron: We Almost Detroit (not about drugs, but um, its about detroit)


UPDATE! I remembered. Its Modular Mix by Air.

If you dont have this record you need to get it b/c it is one of the most perfect records i think i have ever heard. Ok its an EP. But its still incredibly good. And incredibly sad in retrospect b/c Air never made another good record again. Or one i liked at least.

Heres another song from that record, but not the one i want to find now.