Saturday, May 10, 2008

my children will eat your children

Behold! 2 of the 4 remaining living arizona unicorn mantids.
If they grow up they will get names.
That upright one is a champ.


My love of mantids are directly related to my love of chop socky movies. Esp this dude. Dhalsim from Street Fighter or the indian from Master of the Flying Guillotine. I believe he fights "mantis" style. Not sure. But looks kinda like it.

Sorry for the non sequitur, just needed an excuse to post that fight b/c well, its pretty badass. And i always wanted an owl.
And I still love that movie despite the History channel telling me that a weapon such as the FG would have been too clumsy for any real use and probably didnt exist or wasnt used in real fighting.
Sigh.

Oh well. My conscience prevents me from posting the fight above without posting the fight below. B/c even though muy thai looks stooooooooooooopid as hell, this scene is probably my favorite "fight" scene in any movie.

Except for the girl with the flail in kill bill. You cant get better than that.