Friday, May 23, 2008

My Friend Keith

I have a friend named Keith who is a wonderful human being.
Why?

Not just because he woke me up when i fell asleep on the floor during a skatalites concert, and once at 4 in the morning and gave me a TV he found on the street.
Not just because he knows about Rocket Girl.
Not just because he remembers Me and Stevie.
Because he ALWAYS has everything when it comes to music. The man has it all. And knows it all. He's a genre crossing bad boy with a mind like a goddamn library. And was nice enough to give me BOTH copies of the Kinks' Days (Live and Studio).


Keith, you are my hero. And i dedicate this post to you and us and our disgustingly long and professionally unproductive friendship.

Keith drove 3 and a half hours to get the 12" of this song. This bro was ALMOST my cousin in law. Freeeeky.


Keith was with me when I saw Death Race 2000. Neither of us were ever the same again.


Because our Weekly usually ended at 4 am on the Gowanus BLASTING this crappy song.


Because Keith knows why Im posting this song.


Here's to you Keef. And Eileen. B/c you two are most excellent.