Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Who told you that looked good?

Did i miss the hipster memo?

So far, i have counted like about a DOZEN white sunglasses around Austin.

Who told the wearers these looked ok? They dont. You all look SO STUPID. SO SO SO STUPID.
To quote the dead milkmen: How long did it take to get that way...what a terrible waste of energy.

One outfit, in particular, was so whoreanus that i nearly lost my lunch. Actually, if i threw up on her outfit, it may have looked a little nicer. Puke tends to be rather bland in color, and this chick needed a tune down. Its an outfit that made me wish i was not only color blind, but BLIND.

I find it hysterical that the hipsters are seeking to emulate those that they would have made fun of back in the 80s for wearing that garbage. I also find it fun to be reading Less than Zero amongst a bunch of people dressing like its 86. A year not known for its fashion.

That being said, and fashion crimes aside, I did meet the dudes from Hows your news. For those of you who dont know "hows your news" they are a bunch of peeps who do a news program. I guess the term for them is retarded (or mentally challenged) but i find it hard to call them either after i saw the "normals" wearing what i did today. I am a big fan of hows your news, and they were all very nice and very friendly and I am quite sad i didnt get to take a photo with them. Actually it was the highlight of my trip so far.

And im not being ironic here. In a place so filled with pomposity, arrogance and well, bad outfits, its refreshing to be around people who just "are". And who smile. And who are nice. And so friendly. We did look like such jerks b/c we carried on so much when we saw them. I dont think ive ever fawned so hard in my life. I spent a majority of my childhood around the "clincially retarded" (both mild and severe) and i feel very strongly about their rights and believe in their capabilities.

In fact, lord help the dipshit who makes fun of these guys at SXSW. You can all visit me in a Texan jail. Or go to my funeral b/c i will probably be killed.

I met him. Hes soooo nice!


Hows your news trailer