Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Good Bleeps and Beeps... for a change

Im so exhausted from the barrage of today. Zeros and ones. Specifically things with zeros and ones not working and or sounding bad. And all of them are annoying me. Ive almost figured out what it is that annoys me so much about it, it being today's music and zeroes and ones. But my research is giving me a headache.

In an attempt to stave off an otherwise inevitable aneurism, here are some half-zeros and ones that do not annoy me: Yellow Magic Orchestra and New Order. Behold the power of two.

1000 Knives live @ Greek theater (1979)

Rydeen: Same show @ greek theater

Behind the Mask (somewhat obligatory, b/c Knives is my fave, but this the first YMO song i heard)


New Order: Round & Round

You all know who was the superior band, right? Of course you do. This one. Phoenix from the ashes of a depressing boring band. Sorry Ian.
This reminds me of something. This is also addressed to YOU, dipshit @ the record store in Adams Morgan. You know who you are. The one who patronized me and catered endlessly to my husband. And scoffed at my delight in his purchase of a New Order tshirt. Like, tskd at me. I say tsk tsk on you and (loosely) quote Jim & Debbie Goad re: the death of ian curtis; too bad his fans didnt follow his lead.

Not my favorite, but a good video for obvious reasons.


and for no raisin, heres the lightning seeds