Saturday, July 5, 2008

Quality Cinema: The Garbage Pail Kids Movie

Oh MAN am I EXCITED!
You know a movie is good when its underwritten by Topps Chewing Gum!



I think my nom de guerre reveals me as a GPK fan. I'm consistently entertained by all things "fart/bodily functions/stupid/low brow" humor, and well, I dont know how much lower you can get than GPK. They were great b/c they were completely literal, collectable, and b/c I was beat up once with a Cabbage Patch Kid, so i like things that mock them. (true story: my friend also broke her nose on one, those faces are &*@#&(&@# hard).

This crappy movie lives up to the astoundingly high bar set by the crappy trading cards that came before it. Its really, truly, a colossal piece of garbage. Everything about it is bad. Everything. Which means its totally good.