Saturday, June 14, 2008

Some gals like musicians...

Some gals like to fantasize about sports dudes. Some dig actors, some dig cops. My boss has a thing for scientists. Me? I like newscasters and politicians.

Yes, its sad huh. Politicians. Newscasters. The bottom feeders. Its why I cant go to DC too often. . It's way too overwhelming for me. All the phallic symbols, the museums, the bloated grandiosity with little or nothing to show for it. That's my DC. I love that goddamn dirty, funky, always under construction but never really being constructed cant find a good clothing store there anywhere, city. Its my favorite city on earth. (I'm really not kidding either; if you know me well you've heard the DC whine on many occasions, usually coming back in the car from DC and usually buffered with the "I should have taken that scholarship" speech).

So naturally, yesterday I got like ten calls/emails re: tim russert. And while i am sad that he passed (and I really am, b/c i watch MTP religiously, and have for many years), I feel the need to inform that Tim Russert is NOT the one i have a crush on.
Its Miles O'Brien people. MILES OBRIEN. You would think after SIX LONG YEARS of pining for a cable anchorman someone would pay attention to me. Its MILES. Not Tim Russert, not Brian Williams (thats Kat), not Jack Cafferty (although i do like him a bit too), not Aaron Brown (he's been gone a while), not Bill Hemmer (fox news yuck), not Wolf Blitzer, and NOT NOT NOT Glenn Beck. Miles O'Brien. Really people. Im not very consistent on anything, but i am consistent about my newsmen.

So, why Miles? Easy.

Here's Miles breaking shit in the CNN studios.


Sigh. Thats my Miles. He lives in NYC now. He's no longer on American Morning (he was fired!) but he IS the chief Space/Environment correspondent, so I see him often. And i love him often. He loves me never, but that's ok. Actually, my husband was nice enough to inform Ali Velshi that I like Miles the other night at some awards show. So Miles...um. Yeah, call me!

And in politician land:

No 1. Russ Feingold. Senator. BIG BALLS. Hot. Jewish. Married like ten times. Or like 2 times.
Heres Russ fighting with Gonzales.

You know Russ, I cant recall when Ive found you more attractive.

Have you noticed these two look almost exactly alike? But alas, they couldnt be more different. Well they are similar in one very important respect: neither of them know or care that Im alive.

Thats 2 actually.

PS there is a no 2 congressman coming in. His name is Sarbanes, and he is the rep from Bodymore, Murderland.
He is always thoroughly prepared in conference, doesn't take up hours on the mic, and is basically an all around Russ Wannabee. Which is a totally HOT thing to Wanna-be.