Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hey Mom!

Guess what?
While you and dad are sunning your asses in Bermuda, I've been going through the lps you so thoughtfully hid from me.

A BETTER version of Time Will Show the Wiser!




Normally, Id be mad, but actually Im too...IMPRESSED to be angry. Your recent donations of all the Van Morisson records should have given me a tip that you had some sort of "secret stash", BUT, I really had no idea. Really mom. Bravo.

Not to dis' my dad or anything: his stuff is being raided as well. But its his books I am after, not his records. Because I have all his (good) records already. His book collection rivals my mom's records.

A short selection:
The 200 page COMPLETE guide to Dallas and Ewing Oil.
A 500 page history of SNL: from start to 1987 (the GOOD years, chevy years etc)
2 new National Lampoon magazines i never found as a kid (and therefore, didnt fuck up)

So no productivity this week AT ALL. Unless you count these pursuits as an example of being productive.
Actually, there is a distinct possibility that i RE BROKE my toe this morning, so i guess that is somewhat productive.
Destructively productive is still productive.

Oh and that post is Emitt Rhodes. A man who looks a lot like Harry from Spiderman and sounds a LOT like Paul McCartney.
Which means he's almost perfect-ish.
A side note: my mom said she saw ER in concert and he kept his back to the audience the entire time. Her exact words on the show included "pompous idiot" and now I have the record!