Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A sigh of relief

Cassette Tape Land: 1998
A song I couldn't remember for the LIFE OF ME. A song I liked. A song that made me say, "hey, id like to get my hands on this instead of just having it on a cassette tape which i cant listen to". A song that, besides being by someone who isnt terribly famous (and therefore googleable) defies proper description and therefore, is also non googleable. Except for a sample, which is also not really googleable.

Well, Im happy to say I found it! Well, i found the cassette cover. In a box, in the den, under a book or ten. And the green grass grows all around and around. And thankfully, the cassette was made with great care (typed titles and all!) and its readable, and so here you go.

Glenn Underground: Jaz Love #2


Oh hell yes. Get down you!
One more song to go...

But in the meantime, here's some postcards from my travels down mono memory lane.

Moodymann: I cant kick this feeling when it hits


Ernie and the Top Notes: Dap Walk


The Wiseguys: Too Easy


A muddled sounding copy of at the top of the stairs.



Andy Weatherall remix: only love can break your heart: St Etienne