Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Groovy songs about time

Wow, i got me a theme here.

The Moody Blues: The Story In Your Eyes

I wont even talk about how good this record is. If you don't like it, you are a moron. End of story.

The Outsiders: Time Wont Let Me

I never knew who sang this song. Now that I do, I'm finding it easier to sleep.

Fairport Convention: Time Will Show the Wiser

I'm sort of getting into this band. They were on the college music roster, and I guess the circle of time dictates that I revisit the old bands of my youth, which were actually the new bands of my parents youth. Groovy, huh?

Culture Club: Time blah blah about a clock, but i call it "time" b/c that is the chorus and its easier to remember.
Ok, well i guess Culture Club isnt really groovy.
Wait, yes they are. They're groovy like Sade is groovy. And my 12" of this skips. And i totally love this song. The title? Not so much.


Does Sade have a song about time? I know MGMT does. I cant look at them again. And the lyrics to that song are totally dumb. That song needs to be about the tomato salmonella outbreak.

Here's Jim Henson's movie "time piece".

I am a GIGANTIC Jim Henson fan. We share a birthday. I cant even get into how much i sweat him and his body of work.

In fact here's another one of Jim Henson's short films re: time. Its called Ripples.

I think its pretty brilliant. I don't like to be serious on this here thing, but I do think its really an amazing film. To the point and respects my intelligence. I like what its sayin'. And i love how coffee is a central character in this ode to exponential progress.

And...last but CERTAINLY NOT LEAST!
The Greatest Video ever made! You know it!
Eddie Murphy/Rick James: Party All the Time

I think a South American coup or two was funded by this record's "inspiration". Just LOOK at the deluded self satisfaction on everyone's faces. They are SO impressed with themselves. Im actually pretty impressed with them as well, but not for the same reason. My reason for being impressed isnt very flattering, but chances are they are all so high they would interpret whatever insult i slung at them as being positive. And that sort of blind delusion, in my opinion, is pretty impressive.