Friday, February 15, 2008

What do YOU think?

When i first heard D.A.N.C.E, it bothered me...like, this reminds me of something. Something that wasnt as good.

Then I came across this. And i remembered Boney M. And how their version of I Cant Stand the Rain is the best version of that song. And then i remembered that the song i liked was NOT in fact by Boney M, but by Eruption. And then I said, oh so it totally makes sense that i dont like Ma Baker, b/c i guess i dont like Boney M.

Still a good song... a real good song... better than Boney M. Way better. And as an added bonus, I havent heard this song ad nauseum, so i can still enjoy it. Its one of the fringe benefits of having your musical head up your metaphorical ass. Eventually, it all "gets" there, so to speak. And by the time it does, no one else wants to be bothered with it.

Also, my dog LOVES this song. It always gets his tail wagging.


but...

Boney M: Happy Song
Maybe its the kids? On some days, I feel it. Some days I dont.


here's eruption. The lead singer of this band, I think, is absolutely perfect. In every way. Every way.


UPDATE! I found an OK Boney M song. (see earlier post re: musical mediocrity and one offs) Even better? Bad vocal synch up and bad, BAD dancing. Daddy may be cool, but he cant dance for shit.

Daddy Cool. Redemption.