Thursday, February 21, 2008

The gas station 99cent cassette tape winners

Not that i found either of these songs in the bargain bin, but im sure they are there and Ill look on my next trip up to Vermont.
It has been written.

Vehicle by Ides of March


Its pretty embarrassing how i came across this song. I inadvertently left on fox one night after Seinfeld, and American Idol came on. It was disco song night. So of course I watched. Bo Bice sang this song, and well, I felt about it the same way i did when i saw Michael Bolton do opera on the Grammy's that year. Like ashamed because i didnt think it was half bad. In FACT, its my opinion that when otherwise mediocre (or sub mediocre) artists do anything that is half decent, they should be publicly praised for it.

Climax Blues Band: Couldnt get it right (live)


This song is great on record. Not so great live (here anyway). But again, another tune that took me ages to identify. And another one in the 'where are they now' pile.