Sunday, December 21, 2008

John Wilson: Fine Art Films PART 2

Another oops on my part.

Hey! Its me! Kinda sorta ish. Why do all the bitches ALWAYS have brown hair? Veronica. Lucy. Rizzo. Cant they make a blonde bitch once in a while? (and no, sandy does NOT count).


Allow me to gush for a moment. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the opening credits from Grease. The rest is a'ight (im a sucker for Alan Carr musicals) but damn i love that song and the opening almost more than coffee. I mean, its a song, written by a Bee Gee, sung by Frankie Valli, in an Allan Carr movie, set to 70s animation. I ask you, what is NOT to love? Did I mention that Grease's success (read: cash) was directly responsible for Cant Stop the Music? Yes, both of these magical films were the brainchild of the same wonderful person who presumably, never worked again! Circle of Life

But wait! There's more!

Today i found out that John Wilson of Fine Art Films is responsible for the opening animation. The same John Wilson who did the Angie Baby video i am so goddamn fond of. The same John Wilson who is an amazing animator and whose various music videos you can find either here or on you tube.

I wonder if im dying! This is a lot of circular experience hitting me as of late.

Oh and JW also did the opening credits to the Midnight Special.

Here's Lou Rawls on that show. I also really like this song and this is a really good version of it. You'll never find... a better version of this song....