Friday, September 26, 2008

Pat Field is shilling clothes on HSN

So naturally i made a tape of my records in honor. Its 35 minutes. WOW! Perfect for avoiding people on the ferry!

MUSIC

Because im a stickler (and a pain in the ass) also, and i expect you to be as well, and b/c everyone seems so fond of writing why they chose things:

1. Make the Road By Walking/Menahan Street Band
B/c i like it.

2. Good Times Bad Times/ Led Zep (3:01)
Because Danny Way skated to it in Virtual Reality.

3. Billion $ Babies/A (not anderson) cooper (5:45)
B/c i associate it with skating (Dogtown doc/Stacy P.) and b/c he was my favorite host of the Muppet Show.

4. the Stranger/BJ (9:18)
B/c i discovered that if you watch the Fatal attraction trailer while playing the beginning of the piano/whistle bit, the song kicks in at "if you ever come near my family, ill kill you" and I think that is REALLY cool. I also think there is a good amount of truth in this song.

5. Vehicle/Ides of March (14:16)
B/c the first time i heard this song Bo Bice sang it during "disco week" on Amer Idiot. And to remind people not to get into cars with strangers. Especially those that mention god.

6. track 10/the incredible bongo band (17:06)
B/c i dont have the name of it. Im lucky i made a copy of this before all my cds got stolen. The whole record is great anyway. You could spend your hard earned money on worse, you know.

7. DooDooDoo (heartbreaker): the Stones (21:18)
Like buying a gun! Foo! This song is another like "times are shitty" song and its pretty funky. And b/c Patty Hansen was from SI and her basketball playing nephew was one of the nicest/hottest kids in my high school.

8. Light My Fire: Young Holt Unlimited (21:41)
B/c im psyching myself up for the inevitable comeback of the Nines and Vampyros Lesbos and I seem to be going through some sort of phase.

9. Burning Spear: S.O.U.L (27:21)
B/c i have a bad copy of this and wanted to fade it out so i dont have to be annoyed. Also b/c my husband says all the time "They played this at robots, you know". Ed Note: It was Skin Tight. Not robots. I stand corrected by my better half.

10. Droge CX9: from Vampyros Lesbos. Their names are hard to spell. Dutch maybe. I dunno.
B/c college was fun and so you dont pester me about my halloween outfit.


Phew!
Its gonna rain all weekend. Expect more of these. Maybe longer than 35 min!