Saturday, September 6, 2008

Oh Helen!

Helen Reddy. I love Helen Reddy.

She's the gift that keeps on giving; i keep finding good songs by her. Not that any of them will be better than angie baby. Or better than the video for Angie Baby.

Yes, I know ive posted it before, BUT if there is anything worth posting 2x its this. Did she kill him? What happened? Does she keep him in her closet? Is the moral of this song "its better to be batshiat crazy b/c you can do anything you want?"

yup.

And thats why i like Helen Reddy. Who else would record THIS AND I am woman? She may be my favorite Australian despite being from Melbourne. She's jewish. She was a total babe. AND here is some cool wiki trivia: Cher was offered BOTH AB and The Night the Lights went out in GA: two of the best "creepy girl" songs ever penned. And she chose Dark Lady? WHAAAT?

Also, the man who wrote AB wrote the songs for the Muppet Babies.

You know, I REALLY liked NOT knowing that.