Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Uh Oh.

I KNEW Id eventually find it if i looked hard enough.

This is a documentary I saw many years ago on HBO called "Dark End of the Street". Its about little punk rock angst-y kids and SF, and dirty dirty heroin and it is, without a doubt, one of the MOST disturbing and depressing docs I ever EVER saw. Im not sure who is the most depressing character in this documentary: they are all so very very pitiful. And lost. And most likely dead. Which i am not sure is a good thing or a bad thing.

Why post it? As a reminder that life is hard and empathy is a good thing.

Oh, and to be thankful for what you've got.







How and WHY the cops let Jessica out after the AIDS test is BEYOND ME, but Its probably what disturbed me the most in the film. Its cruel and ignorant. And its bad policy- drug or otherwise. Hear no evil, see no evil bs if you ask me.


Oh... and the IV? Equally as disturbing, but not surprising.