Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Doodletown Pipers

"We don't have anything in common. Look at these records: Jim Nabors, Glen Campbell, the Doodletown Pipers. Now look at her records! They stink!"



Today, August 13th, 10:32 pm, will go down in history as the day I first heard said pipers of "doodletown" and Im not sure i will ever be the same again. This is some reaallly bad stuff. I needed to sit down after track 2. By track 3 the boxed wine was out. By track 7, Im enjoying it immensely.

My dad always tells me the story of Frank Sinatra's version of "winchester cathedral" and how it is considered, amongst Sinatra fans, the WORST thing he ever did. Even the guy on "saturdays with sinatra" on 97 WYNY winced his way through the intro to that song. I will say this: I havent heard Frank's version, but the Doodletown Pipers version made my dogs really upset. Which made me upset. Is this "winchester cathedral" like an Excalibur thing? You know, like a song that only a really really talented performer can "do"? And if Frank cant, then WHO CAN?

"bring back them vaudeville days/winchester cathedral" as performed by the TOM HANSEN DANCERS! YAAAAAAAAAY!

Wow! I can barely stand! All that ankle! MY EYES! MY VIRGIN EYES! 2:35 is the Winchester Cathedral Massacre.
Ughhh... this is really terrible.

Doodletown Pipers 30 members! Madness

PS. Frank and the DTP also did "something stupid", a song which i really really dislike.
PPS. Something stupid is my second least favorite song
PPPS. Daddy's home is my least favorite song. That song is, without a doubt, the most awful, creepy, cringe inducing, vomitocious sound ever recorded and pressed onto record. I cant even begin to express in words how much I hate that song.
Its just so disgusting. Steely Dan wouldnt even record that shit.

And that is saying a lot.