Monday, April 14, 2008

Barbara Mason is a bitch



I have the good fortune to live in a part of the country where Soul Train is still on tv. Granted its on at 2 am on a Saturday, but i have tivo and no life, so I hardly miss a week. Its tons of fun. Takes me till Monday to recover from all that excitement.

This week was Barbara Mason and the (fabulous) dramatics. And she did this song. Actually, this is the clip. And as Im sitting drinking my coffee and listening to the lyrics, it occurred to me.

This is one fucked up song. I also just read that its the answer to "woman to woman", another song that is not nearly as fucked up as this one.

Just stab her again Barbara. You're younger? You cant fold his clothes? But you can rip his wife's heart out huh? And give her advice? DAMN GIRL! Twist that knife!

And here are the fabulous dramatics... who despite having written many a love song, never seemed to be able to work in "I dont have a job" like Barbara did.