Sunday, November 16, 2008

Once again, PFM BLOWS IT

NOTASTE PICKS THE BEST 100 VIDS

Does this online whateverthefuckitis EVER get things right? NAY. I seriously cant read that site too often b/c the cheneyface it gives me. Making "that face" too often can causes wrinkles; you know, from all the eyebrow furrowing, eye squinting and dry heaving. I will never understand why this site has been crowned some sort of authority on anything. So far the only thing Ive ever agreed with them on is, ironically, the inclusion of Small Town Boy in their list of good vids. Peachfuzz? REALLY? No. Bikes and hot boys make OK videos, not great ones. A-ha? Way to be creative. That shiteous California Tupac song? WTF?

So, here are MY choices for the best music vids. Vids that made mediocre songs good, or that made good songs great.

Van Halen: PANAMA.

why is it better than hot for teacher? That flying rig thing. Eddie blowing smoke rings in a tux. Party. Come ON! This looks like the Rock N Roll life I read about, minus the STDS and ODs. Plus, this song is soooooo good, except i suspect its really about Columbian marching powder as opposed to Panama.

GOF. PF picked Rio

Rio is as good as Hungry like the wolf. This is better than BOTH of them. Damn. I need to lie down. Why? Cos im apparently sexually attracted to a man in a headband.

Snoop & Dramatics and everyone else: Doggy Dog World

OH PLEASE, Nothing but a G Thing has NOTHING on this. COME ON. Really. Really now. I need to go punch something.

Will Powers: Adventures in Success

This ALONE proves that pitchfork doesnt know anything. NOTHING. Im not going to go into this whole record, but research it.

Tom Tom Club: Pleasure of love or genius of love (either l' do)

I posted POL b/c i havent seen this vid in a while. Its all very "hysterical blindness" isnt it? I wish the copy was clearer, but, what can you do folks.

Maiden. The Number of the Beast

There is NO need to explain why this is a great vid. In fact, the exclusion of this on PFs list makes me want to grab my flail and go to work in Chudford, so to speak. Actually run to the hills could work here too. Maybe even Wasted Years.

Metallica: One

Oh did this video FREAK ME THE HELL OUT as a kid. Johnny got his gun. Dayum. I really hate Metallica, but kudos for this vid.
Another omission that made my head shake violently. This may be the MOST depressing video on earth.

Party All The Time: EM and RJ

Was this included that list? I cant be assed to look. Who cares, it really is the best thing ever isnt it?

Steppin Out: Joe Jackson

Another No Brainer.

Pavement: Cut Your Hair

I really hate Pavement. But yet! I love this video. And b/c of it i know all the words to this song. And now i kinda like it. It may just be the only Pavement song that ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE. Heed his word, musicians. Chops a must.

Rodney: Rappin Rodney

Again, what the hell.

And now, the vids they wont let me embed:

White n Nerdy I dont think i can sit through this song in its entirety w/o cracking the hell up. Maybe its my jewish DNA, i dunno, but he cracks me up. And this beats even his old stuff. Which is kinda cool right? Lol, his ergonomic keyboard never leaves him bored. And the Star Wars Xmas special ALONE makes this a SERIOUS WIN.

Uh Heres Miami Beach for you!
Now this is a real shame. This video is, like, on par with STB as like, the uh, least heterosexual thing I ever did see.