Thursday, November 6, 2008

AN EXCEPTIONALLY AWFUL HOLIDAY FILM



UUUUUUUUUUGH. I saw this turd yesterday b/c i left the tv on. No, I didnt have to watch the whole thing; but I did. I didnt tape it, so i have some self respect left.

I cant even begin to describe how terrible this movie is. The dialog stinks. The not so special effects stink. That stupid magic harmonica stinks. The snowman is creepy and CORNY. The music has and/or name drops bad renditions of decent songs (they even mention Hot In the City by Billy Idol). The whole premise surrounding his death (his band has some "really important show ("this is IT GUYS! I CAN FEEL IT!") that they just NEED to do on Xmas) and the vomit inducing change of heart that ultimately kills him is a completely sub moronic idea. The only thing that is even remotely redeemable about this movie is that its so goddamn awful. It transcends the boundaries of terrible and goes to some outer universe of terrible. Like terrible to the second power.

In fact, why bother reviewing it, when someone else said it so much more eloquently than I could've. From Roger Eberts SCATHING review of this crappy movie.

"The snowman gave me the creeps. Never have I disliked a movie character more. They say state-of-the-art special effects can create the illusion of anything on the screen, and now we have proof: It's possible for the Jim Henson folks and Industrial Light and Magic to put their heads together and come up with the most repulsive single creature in the history of special effects, and I am not forgetting the Chucky doll or the desert intestine from "Star Wars". (ed. read: "that sand vagina" thing)

the whole review: funny as hell