Thursday, November 13, 2008

Adios Mash-up! Dont let the door hit you on the way out!


It may not be illegal but it sure is AWFUL.

YES! I knew this day would come! The day....the mashup is over! Its dead! Ding dong! Pardon me while i uncork my ears for the first time in a good year.

How do i know its dead? B/c I was watching Rachel Ray (yes, i watch cooking shows b/c I am a wife and i do enjoy cooking) and she just compared some sort of corriander caka salad to a mashup. Her words: "like a mashup...you know when they play one song and add in another? I JUST LOOOOVE THOSE."

Its OVER! ITS FINALLY OVER! When Food Network namechecks a style, its coolness is like, well, DONE. Like a burnt carcass.
Ive been praying for either the mashup or my grim death for a good year now. Im glad Im alive to savor the victory. Ever since i heard that track in Austin ive been DEAD SET AGAINST the mashup. I hate them. I hate them with almost every inch of my being (the last inch saved for fusion jazz).

So SELAH! Its Over! Praise whoever! Its a party!