Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sominex & Sudafed City Songs

Sniff Sniff. Winter. Forced productivity and travel in bad weather. Annoyances, both intellectual and personal. Not a cute combo for yours truly.

And because merely hitting keys seems to be too much trouble for me today, and be/c my itunes seems to really dislike me and love metal/ 125+ bmps here's some crap. With an explanation as to why they are exemplary. As always if you want it, ask for it. The music. Not my cold. Cos trust me, you dont want it.

Grab a tissue....



Tangled up in Blue: Exemplary because I really really hate bob dylan but i really like this song.

CNSY: Exemplary Because: A more thorough review of their catalog (read: the stuff my mom didnt play for me as a kid) is actually kinda sexy. This is a sad song. And its short and to the point which is kinda odd for 60s music.

Ace: Exemplary be/c one of the dudes was in Squeeze and i like them too. Good song about being cheated on.

New Order: Exemplary b/c it was the song they did after that idiot died. And i really like new order.

Bang Bang: Exemplary b/c its a different version of a good song that actually works! I suspect its by Stevie Wonder but your guess is as good as mine on this one.

Bobby Whoever Im Your Puppet: Exemplary b/c: Awww. what a cute song.

Nick Drake: Exemplary b/c: he and leonard cohen can make anyone want to off themselves. This song is so sad and bleak but good anyway. Kinda like Nick Drake and Leonard Cohen.

Baby Huey: Exemplary b/c despite my headache i felt like hearing it.

The Church: Exemplary b/c this was the song they should have included in Donnie Darko, but chose that other one instead. You know, the one that isnt about love at all.

The Smiths: Exemplary B/c; do i really need to go into it? Congrats on a career of making songs for miserables Moz. This includes me, so being earnest. And thats important no?

http://www.divshare.com/playlist/477906-ae0